The instruction below we use Heli, one of our famous themes, to show you the process.
I.INSTALL WORDPRESS RESET PLUGIN
* This plugin is necessary for those who are having a websites with existing database. For ones who create a totally new website, skip this step.
* Please be aware that once you use this plugin, all your current database will be deleted.
To install and use the Wordpress Reset plugin:
Step 1 - Login your admin Dashboard >> Plugins >> Add New then search the keyword Wordpress reset >> Choose WordPress Reset >> Install Now >> Activate
Step 2 - Go to Tools >> Reset
II.UPLOAD & ACTIVATE THE THEME
Option 1: Using Wordpress Theme Installer
Log into your Wordpress admin dashboard
Step 1 – Navigate to Appearance >> Themes
Step 2 – Click Add New, then click Upload Theme >> Choose File
Step 3 – Navigate the .zip file on your computer and click “Install Now”. Wait for the installing.
Step 4 – When the install finishes, some options will appear: Live Preview, Activate, Return to Themes page. You can activate there or go to Appearance >> Themes and click the Activate button of your new theme.
Option 2: Using FTP
Step 1 – Log into your server installation via FTP. You can use software such as Filezilla for this.
Step 2 – If you have downloaded the Full Theme Package from ThemeForest, please unzip the Heli.zip file and then unzip the secondary Heli.zip file which will give a Heli folder.
Step 3 – Upload the extracted Heli folder to the wp-content > themes folder on the server. Make sure the folder name is ‘Heli’.
Step 4 – Log in to your WordPress Dashboard and navigate to Appearance > Themes and clicking the ‘Activate’ button, for the Heli theme.
III. INSTALL & ACTIVATE THE PLUGINS
After installing and activating Heli, you will see the message “This theme requires the following plugins” at the top of the page. You should click Begin installing plugins.
You will be redirected to Install Required Plugins page, here you will find all of the theme required & recommended plugins. To install them, just check all of them (or all of required plugins and some recommended plugins you like) and from the drop down select Install, then hit Apply. Once installed, go to Plugins >> Installed Plugins, then check your installed plugins and from the drop down select Activate, then hit Apply.
Which plugins will I get in the theme package?
It depends on the theme you bought
- Visual Composer – A drag-and-drop page builder with frontend and backend Editors.
- Templatera – A powerful Wordpress Template Manager for Visual Composer.
- Essential Grid – A premium plugin that allows you to display various content formats in a highly customizable grid.
- Revolution Slider – A slide plugin that allows you to showing almost any kind of content with highly customizable, transitions, effects and custom animations.
- Projects by Wootheme – A clean portfolio showcase management system. It helps you load recent projects and display them on a specified page.
- Widget Logic - An added plugin feature that allows you to further customize your widgets in your sidebar by telling them to only appear on certain pages.
- Contact Form 7 – A plugin to manage and customize multiple contact forms with ease.
- Testimonials by WooThemes – A clean and easy-to-use testimonials management system.
- WooCommerce – An ecommerce plugin that helps you build an online shop comprehensively.
- MailChimp for WordPress – A plugin that helps you add sign-up methods for your MailChimp lists to your WordPress site.